Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone with imx6 - using existing gstreamer

From: Rob
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone with imx6 - using existing gstreamer plugins
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 23:42:03 -0400

It turns out I only had to tweak the mxc freescale camera driver (had to add TRY_FMT ioctl handling) to make linphone work with software encoding. Now I want to use the imx6's hardware encoder (i.e. VPU).

Since freescale already provides gstreamer plugins for the VPU, I am thinking of using appsrc/appsink to inject data into and read data from the gstreamer plugins from with the linphone application. So I am thinking of adding an encoder and decoder filter which will interface with appsrc and appsink plugins respectively

Hi,

Interesting project indeed, but I believe it probably better to implement a Mediastreamer2 video capture filter directly based on imx6 camera interface rather than stacking a gstreamer plugin.

Jehan
www.linphone.org

Le 24 juil. 2013 ? 05:20, Rob <address@hidden> a ?crit :