Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone Beta

From: Genghis Khan
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone Beta
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:12:54 -0400

Wow! ^_^'

User Interface
--------------

1) The roster (contact list) is fixed and is not resizeable - please
make it resizeable.

2) Preferences/NAT and Firewall: Why is Stun server: [] is located
under _Behind NAT / Firewall (use ICE)_ and not under _Behind NAT /
Firewall (use STUN to resolve)_ (see png image)?

3) Green Linphone icon is too much smaller in tab which makes parts of
the UI of Linphone to jump when toggling Pause/Resume (see animated gif
image).

4) The bookmark icon contact_starred.png does not look good, IMHO.
I have attached a few semi-transparent variants of contact_starred.png.

Usability (not all are urgent)
---------

5) While using conference call and then pressing on Pause for one of
the other parties, it seems that only two of the other sides, that are
connected through my Linphone SIP client, can hear and talk with one
another while I am left without voice nor I can hear anything at all.
If I hang up, I can continue, normally, with the other party.

6) I would like be able to record into OGG and especially into SPEEX.

ogg: http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps/hpr1038.ogg (35 MB)
spx: http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps/hpr1038.spx (9 MB)

via: http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=1038 (hpr1038 :: Interview
with George Vlahavas and Andreas born of the SalixOS project)

Note1: I convert most of my audio recordings into SPEEX, in case I use
proprietary devices such as SANSA. SPEEX saves precious space and is
extremely efficient by letting me get more recoding time for less.

Note2: VLC is becoming more and more prevalent under Windows operating
systems and is able to play SPEEX.

7) Why did not you add, yet, letters to the keypad? (see Ekiga keypad)

8) Do not let the user to open the "Call statistics" dialog (when
pressing on the "Call quality rating" meter) after a call has ended.
In other words, there is a time frame when I can press on "Call quality
rating" meter and then I get an empty window because there is no
active call.

Miscellaneous

9) Updated Hebrew translation is attached.

--
Proper English www.reddit.com/r/proper
4 teh lulz... http://email.is-not-s.ms