[Linphone-developers] Linphone for OS X - Build for 10.7 AND 10.8

From: Álvaro Serrano
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone for OS X - Build for 10.7 AND 10.8
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:24:12 +0200

Hello,

I've built Linphone for OS X on Mountain Lion and it's working great. However, the app won't run on Lion and this is a problem because Lion is the minimum version I need it to work on. I'm trying to build a version that can run on both Lion and Mountain Lion but so far I've been unable to get it right.

Things I've tried:

- Change the architecture flags for the compiler (in case it was an issue with 32 bit vs 64 bit systems) - didn't work.
- Build all dependencies in universal mode - didn't work, ffmpeg-devel is specially nasty and won't compile in universal mode.
- Set min-os version flag to 10.7 - didn't work.

Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks.

Alternatively, I could live with having to build two separate versions of the app, one for Lion and another for Mountain Lion. I have a Mac with Lion and I've managed to install everything and compile Linphone, but when I try to create a bundle I get an Unknown Load Command error for each library, saying that the libraries were not created correctly. Google search for the error says it's because I'm trying to run a library in an earlier version of the OS it was intended for.

So, basically, I'm still screwed because apparently the Linphone dependencies installed through Macports are built for Mountain Lion even though I installed them in Lion (as far as I understood, they should have been built by my system before being installed, shouldn't they?)

Any ideas? The next thing I'm going to try is forcing a rebuild of every port in my Macports installation, but I'm not very hopeful it will fix the issue (and, it's going to take a LONG time).

Any advice would be great, thank you!