Re: [Linphone-developers] H.264 support

From: Guillaume Beraudo
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] H.264 support
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:34:09 +0100

Hello,

> However, I am unable to do the same things for LG Optimum One P500. Video
> support and H264 in codec list switches are turned on. Spec for LG Optimum
> One P500 reads that it supports H264.

This phone has an ARMv6 CPU which is not compatible with software h264.
Note that the hardware h264 codecs are only usable by the android system,
not by the applications.

> I am also unable to make a video calls from my Asus Transformer TF101.

This phone has a Tegra2 CPU which is not compatible with software h264.

> Could you please advise what can be reason of this? Are there some other
> limitation for the supported devices but the H264 support here?

You need neon instruction set to get h264.

Cheers,

Guillaume Beraudo