Re: [Linphone-developers] Failure to establish ZRTP sessions using linph

From: Peter Kosztolanyi
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Failure to establish ZRTP sessions using linphone-iphone built from source
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 01:37:00 +0000

I have exactly the same problem with the same scenario. I made some additional
investigations, maybe it can help to find the what's going wrong.

1) Enabling proxy-media in freeswitch, disabling the ZRTP CRC check in oRTP and
recompiling linphone onto two devices (android & iPhone):
Result: Connection is encrypted, same SAS on both legs but serious problem with
the voice. It's scratching and beeping.

2) Enabling bypass-media in freeswitch and using the original oRTP for linphone:
Result: Connection is encrypted, same SAS on both legs, clear voice. Btw it
works only if the two devices on the same network but this is normal.

So I think linphone works correctly and we have to look around what proxy-media
is really doing in freeswitch and why it is modifying the packets.. but any
other idea welcomed.

Peter