Re: [Linphone-developers] GPL License - Linphone iphone

From: Öyvind Saether
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] GPL License - Linphone iphone
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:22:39 +0100

> Can I modify linphone for use with my SIP services without infringing
> the GPL license? What are my limitations?

Please read the GPL license. In short, you can modify linphone.

If you distribute the binary you make then you must also make the
sourcecode available under the GPL (your changes).

If you just want to use Linphone internally in some corporation and you
do not distribute to anyone else then you don't need to distribute your
changes.

Read the license and the FAQ https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html