[Linphone-developers] Failure to establish ZRTP sessions using linphone-

From: Eli Burke
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Failure to establish ZRTP sessions using linphone-iphone built from source
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:43:01 -0500

I have compiled linphone-iphone from source, using "make all
enable_gpl_third_parties=yes enable_zrtp=yes"  and am now trying to verify the
functionality of the ZRTP integration. So far, I am not able to establish a
ZRTP-secured connection (SRTP works fine).

Has anyone successfully used linphone with ZRTP since Linphone 2.0 was
released? I know ZRTP is not enabled in the App store version, so it would have
to be tested using a version you've built yourself.

Some additional background: we are using Freeswitch and can successfully
establish ZRTP calls using the Groundwire app. When I try to call between
Groundwire and Linphone, I either get an unprotected phone call, or if I set
Groundwire to require ZRTP, it immediately hangs up. I also tried calling
between two instances of Linphone, and got the 'insecure call' icon. (vs SRTP
which showed the 'secure' padlock)

Other notables:
So far I have only tested in the Simulator, so it is possible ZRTP only works
on live hardware.
and
This is speculation, but to my untrained eye it looks like during an outbound
call 'zrtp-hash' is not listed in the SDP header, and in an incoming call it is
not being parsed.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks,
Eli