Re: [Linphone-developers] Contract Project: 720p and 1080p support

From: Nathan Stratton
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Contract Project: 720p and 1080p support
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:52:19 -0600

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Jonathan Rosser <address@hidden> wrote:

This is really quite trivial. Search for ENABLE_HD in
coreapi/linphonecore.c. It's a one line patch to turn that on.

:) It looks quite trivial, but have you tried it? There are other issues of the code, if you ENABLE_HD you can select say 720p, but the encoded video is NOT 720p.

Depending on your use case and what devices you want to interoperate
with, some rework of msx264 can give latency improvements. Depends on
what you are willing to compromise out of bandwidth/quality/latency.

You might also be wanting capture from professional HDSDI or quality
HDMI cameras. I've got a mediastreamer plugin for Blackmagic capture
cards that's in use daily and basically ready to go.

I am just looking for 720p and 1080p support for linphone so I can call into our WebRTC MCU with linphone as a test sip client. I did not want to bother my programmers with it, so I thought I would see if anyone wanted paid to do the work.

--
><>
Nathan Stratton
nathan at robotics.net