[Linphone-developers] change sound to vibration if device is set to 'mut

From: Roman König | BEL NET GmbH
Subject: [Linphone-developers] change sound to vibration if device is set to 'mute'
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:35:57 +0000

Hello everyone,

On Iphone I would like to let the device vibrate if the user set the ringvolume to vibration and gets a call. Just skip the ringtone and vibrate on call.
I saw you used the linphone_core_set_ring()-method in LinphoneManager.m. There you need to pass in a 'const struct char' to the method. But that setting just lets the device not ring if the ring on the device is muted. So it's not playing any sound.

My question to you all is: how can I pass the information to linphone and/or the iphone itself to let the device vibrate?

To prevent missunderstandings: I know how to let the iphone vibrate. But passing it to this method, that's my problem. Maybe I looked not good enough in the documentation.

If you got any ideas, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Roman.