[Linphone-developers] Linphone Video Quality Problem in Android

From: Hudson Hsueh
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone Video Quality Problem in Android
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:17:25 +0800

Dear all,

I made video call between 2 android devices.
While 2 devices are in the same LAN, video quality is acceptable.
But when 2 devices connected with internet (bandwidth D/U = 10M/2M),
video became so pixelated that i can't distinguish who i'm talking to.

I select H.264 for video decode,
And I found in the file (submodules/msx264/src/msx264.c), I can change the resolution and fps.
Default resolution/fps for android is 320x240(qvga)/10fps and I modified it to 177x144(qcif)/5fps for test.
The log show video bandwidth usage from 200kbit/s down to 80kbit/s.
But Video is still pixelated!!

Any suggestion to improve this issue?
Thanks a lot!!

HudsonX