[Linphone-developers] Linphone-android, Prepare_sources.sh at cygwin wit

From: Lau KhimChuen
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone-android, Prepare_sources.sh at cygwin with the message 'VP8 prepare stage failed.'
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:14:43 +0000

Hi! I was trying to start my Linphone Android project, and started configuration by executing the ./prepare_sources.sh (from cygwin), it showed me the failed message as follow :

--------------- start --------------------------

Configuring selected codecs
  enabling vp8_encoder
  enabling vp8_decoder
Configuring for target 'armv7-android-gcc'
  enabling armv7
  enabling armv6
  enabling armv5te
  enabling fast_unaligned
  enabling realtime_only

Unable to invoke compiler: /cygdrive/c/android-ndk-r8b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/windows/bin/arm-linux-

androideabi-gcc  --sysroot=/cygdrive/c/android-ndk-r8b/platforms/android-14/arch-arm

Configuration failed. This could reflect a misconfiguration of your
toolchains, improper options selected, or another problem. If you
don't see any useful error messages above, the next step is to look
at the configure error log file (config.err) to determine what
configure was trying to do when it died.
VP8 prepare stage failed.

My sources & versions :
    linphone-android source => git clone git://git.linphone.org/linphone-android.git --recursive
    cygwin version ( CYGWIN_NT-5.1 lpcx037 1.7.16(0.262/5/3) 2012-07-20 22:55 i686 Cygwin )
    ndk-r8b
    Window XP OS

Had tried to search and updated the latest sdk, ndk and cygwin also cannot resolve the issue.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and regards,
KC Lau.