Re: [Linphone-developers] ortp for DTMF only

From: Henning Christiansen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] ortp for DTMF only
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:11:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Klaus,

it is not necessary to generate multiple RTP packets - this is done by
oRTP autonomously after calling rtp_session_send_dtmf.

As far as I remember the duration was not configurable in our (rather old)
oRTP version which we used - there was a fix setting of 60 milliseconds
(the internal function rtp_session_send_dtmf2 is called by
rtp_session_send_dtmf using a duration of 480). Since this was okay for
us, we did not investigate this further.

Maybe newer versions of oRTP allow more flexibility.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Henning Christiansen
Entwicklung

Phone: +49 (0)40 890 88 171
Fax:       +49 (0)40 890 88 444
mailto:address@hidden
Stollmann E+V GmbH, Mendelssohnstr. 15D, 22761 Hamburg, Germany

Meet us at:
IZB , Wolfsburg, 10-12 October 2012, hall 3, stand 200
Electronics goes medical, Munich, 10-11 October 2012
FOKUS FUSECO Forum, Berlin, 15-16 November 2012
Registergericht/Register Court: Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 55634
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered office: Hamburg
VAT-ID: DE 811 675 541
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Christian Lührs
www.stollmann.de
Bluetooth, IEEE 11073, NFC, Call Manager, ISDN- driven by Stollmann