[Linphone-developers] feature request, my case

From: Jordan Roy
Subject: [Linphone-developers] feature request, my case
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:51:44 -0400

First of all, thanks for making a VOIP softphone that does not suck. I am amazed by the overall simplicity and quality of Linphone.

I am a noob, I am no developper, so forgive me if this feature request is incorrect in anyway.

Here is my feature request:

Add the option to capture a keypress/key combination that would then be set to trigger the "answer phone" function when it rings.

Why?

Case 1
I use a bluetooth mic, with some buttons on it. When I'm in the car, with mobile internet, I would like to press the button on my bluetooth adapter to answer the phone rapidly.

Case 2
I'm busy on my computer with 2.5 gazillion windows open in 10 different desktops. I hear the sofphone rign. If I try to find the app in that mess, I miss the call. If I hit this specific key combination, I can answer the call, whereever my app is.

Thanks a lot for taking time to read this,

Jordan