[Linphone-developers] [Patch] Patch for linphone-android about instant m

From: The Huy PHAN
Subject: [Linphone-developers] [Patch] Patch for linphone-android about instant messaging
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:12:13 +0200

Hello,

We are 3rd year students at ESIEE Paris, an Engineering school.
For a research project, we did an extension for Linphone that adds the possibility to send and receive instant messages on Android smartphones. This feature was asked by our teacher Mr Thierry SIMONNET(address@hidden), to enhance current research projects, an electronic butler : ARHOME and vAssist (http://vassist.cure.at/).

This project was started by a group of 3rd year students who did the sending part last year : Sébastien DUFAŸ, Thibault JACQUEMIN, Michel KOT, Mathieu MARLEIX and Vianney MAYNADIER. This year, we did the receiving part, using the Shankaa Corp library, developed by Shankaa Corp and by Jacques Feldmar, Dennys GRENIER and Gérard CHOLLET from ENST.

We added a new tab in the interface, called IM which creates a chat room. For the reception, we used the Shankaa library which is composed of two interfaces that allow to broadcast and receive Intents. When in call, we implemented notifications. These will appear when receiving a message during an audio or video call. We also slightly modified and moved the AndroidTutorialNotifier to the src folder to use it to display messages.

You can find the patches and the newly created files attached or here : http://www.esiee.fr/~laa

Sincerely,
The Huy PHAN, Aubin LA and Arnaud LAYE