[Linphone-developers] Installing a video plugin under Windows

From: Marco Bertini
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Installing a video plugin under Windows
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:02:39 +0200

I'm experiencing issues in activating a H.264 plugin with Linphone for Windows
(compiled using MSYS/MinGW).
The compilation of Linphone is OK and I can execute the program.
The compilation of the H.264 plugin (the default one) is OK and I can install
it.

Running Linphone with the plugin does not work (unlike with Linux): I've tried
to copy the mediastreamer/plugin directory to... almost any lib/ folder in the
MinGW/msys path does not work. The options > codec > video codec drop down menu
never shows the presence of the lugin (unlike the Linux installation that's
super smooth).

Where am I supposed to copy those libmsx264.a libms264.dll.a libmsx264.la
libmsx264-0.dll ?

Thank you,
Marco Bertini
--