[Linphone-developers] Audio feedback problem in Nexus One

From: IVAN FERNANDEZ
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Audio feedback problem in Nexus One
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:03:02 +0200

Hi,

I've got running last versions of Linphone in both Nexus One and iPhone4.

Both terminals are using OpenSIPS as proxy and all is running well (audio/video) except for one reason: Nexus One can not be used in free hands mode cause:

1. the audio from the other end is very, very low on the Nexus's speaker
2. the other end (iPhone or other hardphones that I've tested) receives terrible audio feedback of his own voice (with a small delay of a couple of seconds).

The most curious thing is the iPhone's audio is so low on the Nexus's speaker that seems imposible that this audio is causing the feedback. But if I connect earphones to the Nexus One, all is perfect in both ends... (¿?)

On the other end, free hands mode works great in iPhone 4.

I've tried to increase audio gain in Nexus's linphone but it makes all even worse. I've tried too using echocanceller and echo limiter with several parameter combinations (i don't like half duplex mode very much as solution) but the problem persist.

I've been analizing the code too and I've seen that echo's functionalities are applied by default on all models except Samsung Galaxy II (¿?)

Could be a hardware problem directly related with the terminal?

Thanks in advance,
Regards