Re: [Linphone-developers] Binaries for older android devices?

From: Jehan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Binaries for older android devices?
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 08:42:10 +0200

Hi Richard,

Linphone is supposed to work on this chipset, at least in audio mode.
Which issue did you met with Linphone version 1.3.1 ?
Cheers

Le 4 juin 2012 à 19:42, Richard a écrit :

Hi,

noticed that apparently many low-end Android devices (such as Qualcomm MSM7227)
aren't supported by the precompiled binaries anymore.

I have tried plenty of other VoIP solutions and they work very well on
this device - some even work good enough with video. In fact I recall having
experimented with VoIP at times when a Pentium was a luxury so at least
basic VoIP functionality should be possible with almost any CPU today.

Are there any plans to support these CPUs?

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers