[Linphone-developers] H.264 Codecs

From: Mike Schmidt
Subject: [Linphone-developers] H.264 Codecs
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 16:18:27 -0500

Hi all,

This page (http://www.linphone.org/eng/features/) says “H264 (thanks to a plugin based on x264)”.  But I notice when I install Linphone there’s a avcodec-53.dll file which I think is FFmpeg.  Is that used for other codecs?

avcodec-53.dll is also smaller than most versions I’ve seen, is it possibly built with less codec support, such as without H.264?

Sorry for the duplication of emails, I wasn’t sure if this was a user or developer question.

Thanks,

Mike