[Linphone-developers] Linphone keep-alive timer?

From: Harris SanDiego
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone keep-alive timer?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 18:09:56 -0700

I'm trying to use linphone with a sip device that, to protect network bandwidth, doesn't send data when a user isn't speaking.  I'm seeing the following issue: ~30 seconds after the last time linphone receives data, it terminates the VoIP call.  It seems like there is a keep-alive timer that terminates the call if it doesn't receive data for 30 seconds - but I do not see a way to set this value or disable this timer.  Also interesting to note that if linphone never recieves data, it will never terminate the call - so it seems like the time is only activated the first time linphone receives data.  I'd appreciate any information anyone has on this issue.  Thanks for your help!