Re: [Linphone-developers] srtp status?

From: Jehan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] srtp status?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:24:49 +0100

Hi ,

ZRTP is know integrated in the Linphone-3.5.1 released for desktop

Thanks for your support.

Cheers

Le 9 janv. 2012 à 11:59, Werner Dittmann a écrit :

SIP TLS (SIPS) does not provide a real end-to-end key negotiation and key
exchange. SIP TLS is only secure between the client and the next SIP
proxy/registrar. All other SIP connections are not under control of
the client (Linphone or others) and SIPS is therefore not secure
to perform key exchanges.

Either use ZRTP or SDES to perform key exchanges. SDES is more coplex
to configure and to use than ZRTP. SDES requires some cerificatiate
management, ZRTP performs everything "on-the-fly".

Any dates when the propsed ZRTP support will be ready? I got several
requests for Linphone ZRTP support already and delayed the work because
I was informed that you guys are working on ZRTP support.

Regards,
Werner