Re: [Linphone-developers] Devices where Linphone Video Call works (John

From: Marco Bertini
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Devices where Linphone Video Call works (John Eddie Ayson)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:29:30 +0100

I've successfully run video calls on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, although its processor
does not support NEON instructions.
I had to make small changes to Linphone in order to compile and activate videos
on that device (basically I'm checking if the device CPU is multicore).
I also used the latest FFMpeg 0.10 with x264 build 118, hoping that their
improvements and CPU optimizations help to get higher FPS. Apparently results
are not too bad, using H.264 video compression.

I'm still cleaning a bit the build system, then I'll propose it for review to
Linphone guys.

Marco