[Linphone-developers] Trying to build for Android for the first time

From: Richard Poirier
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Trying to build for Android for the first time
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:32:07 -0500

Hi,

I’m Working from a 64 bit Windows 7 OS. I was successful in building the Linphone as instructed in the file README.mingw. Now I’m trying to build for Android  but I am not successful using the instructions in the file README-ANDROID.

I have the Android ndk-r5b installed as well as the autotools: autoconf, automake, aclocal and libtoolize. And I think that the later(s) are installed properly given that I can build, and run, linphone for Windows. This is the error that I get when I execute:

$ ./prepare_sources.sh

checking whether to build static libraries... no

./configure: line 11437: syntax error near unexpected token `MEDIASTREAMER,'

./configure: line 11437: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MEDIASTREAMER, mediastreamer >= 2.0.0)'

SILK audio plugin prepare state failed.

I looked at the line 11437 but all looks fine to me. However I’m not familiar with those kind of files… I would very much appreciate if someone could give me some insight or leads as to where I can go from here to resolve that issue.

Thanks in advance,

Richard