Re: [Linphone-developers] iOS5 background - waking 15 times in 300 secon

From: Jehan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] iOS5 background - waking 15 times in 300 seconds kicking the app
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 20:27:48 +0100

Hello,

I tested with sip.linphone.org. I cannot reproduce the issue you reported.
Cheers

Le 22 nov. 2011 à 11:20, Ramu a écrit :

Jehan,

I tested the Linphone app on iOS5 and did ethereal on server.  Server is not sending keep alive messages.

The reason is :
1) when we enter into background, we are not invalidating timer thread i.e mIterateTimer
2) this timer invoking iterate method for every 0.1 sec i.e 100 ms.

I think to fix this issue we need to do following things
1) Invalidate the timer when we are entering into background
2) And register our VOIP socket with CFReadStreamSetProperty

We are using TCP protocol in Linphone with OpenSIPs Server.