[Linphone-developers] How to termite GTK linphone

From: Petr Pisar
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How to termite GTK linphone
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 12:41:30 +0100

I've compiled 3.4.99.4 from git master branch and launched the gtk/linphone
incarnation. Former versions had `Quit' item in menu that terminated the
application (in opposite to closing main window that daemonized it only).

However current version is missing this menu item, so there is no way how to
terminate linphone (except killing the process manually). Please note I do not
use any desktop environment, just a plain window manager (blackbox).

I think this is important obstacle from user point of view.

I would like to see the Quit menu item back or some smarter behaviour of
linphone (e.g. detecting systray window failure and let user select between
daemonization and termination). You can also implement docking window (as
supported in WindowMaker or black/fluxbox (known as slit there)).

-- Petr