Re: [Linphone-developers] Why just ARMv7? [Linphone-android Video Calls]

From: Jim Lu
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Why just ARMv7? [Linphone-android Video Calls]
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:27:40 +0800

Dear Rasool,

I guess that NEON issue in ffmpeg.
My ASUS Transformer TF101 also cannot have video function in Linphone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM%E6%9E%B6%E6%A7%8B

I found some article in WIKI regarding ARM Architecture.
And I found that NEON can only work with CORTEX-A8  in the Chinese page.
According to my google search, I found that all the device released this summer
are all support CORTEX-A9 , such as

Acer A100
Acer A500
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer
ASUS Eee Pad Slider
Motorolla XOOM
Toshiba AT100
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

However, if your devices were releases this spring,such as
HTC Flyer 3G/WiFi
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7"
There processor is CORTEX-A8,

And I already got my HTC flyer WiFi this afternoon.
I can proved that , both Linphone 1.1.6 and Linphone 1.2.0 can work with Video ...(but not smoothly ...>"<")

I think if you wanna make that workable with Cortex-A9(Tegra 2) ,
you have to rebuild the ffmpeg and take off the "--enable-neon" option.
But I also heard that some people said it will become 2~4 frame page per second if you take off the neon option...

Just share with you. Hope it helpful.

Best Regards,
Jim Lu