[Linphone-developers] IOS build process questions

From: Cliff Spencer
Subject: [Linphone-developers] IOS build process questions
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:23:07 +0000

I'm trying to integrate a different network transport layer into linephone/IOS. All of my issues to date have concerned building. Here are my problems:
1.  I'm quite confused by the IOS build process for linphone. While some of the coreapi files are included in the liblinphone.xcode project, it appears that one must still execute a shell level build command from submodules/build to pick up all the changes.
2. I'm also having issues if I add anything to the DEFS= line in builder-iphone-simulator.mk. I find that adding a -D directive and a -I result in a different compile path in which I get an error about libeXosip being out of date. Removing my changes fixes this.
3. How does one modify coreapi files. Putting -D directives in the builder-iphone-simulator.mk doesn't work for these files. I can't add -D directives to the .xcodeproj due to reason #1 above. My guess is that I need to modify configure in the submodules/linphone directory...

Can someone please explain the build methodology to me? While you're at it, please explain why the list of .a libraries in linphone.xcodeproj don't seem to matter, the application builds whether or not these are found.
Thanks,
Cliff