Re: [Linphone-developers] Rtp Header Extension

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Rtp Header Extension
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 22:19:57 +0200

Hi Diego,

You are right, oRTP does not check the extension bit. We would greatly accept a patch for this.

Simon

On 02/09/2011 13:44, Diego Carvalho wrote:
Hi all, in the RFC that defines the RTP protocol is defined an
extension to the normal header, called rtp header extension. It seems
that linphone (I'm using version 3.4.3, the latest) doesn't handle
packets with this extension properly. As it is used for individual
implementation, linphone should ignore this header. But if a packet
containing this extension reaches linphone it will not be able to
decode the video (I can see errors through the debug window). Probably
it's pointing to some data on the extension header "thinking" it is
pointing to the video data. Does anyone know anything about it?
Thanks.