[Linphone-developers] ortp - windows shared memory

From: Raust Tamatea
Subject: [Linphone-developers] ortp - windows shared memory
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:20:41 +0200

Hello,
I think there is a problem with the ortp library running under Windows.

I've created a windows service that start the ortp dll. Then an executable also try to load the dll. At this point the application crash because, the ortp have exited. The problem is in the file dll_entry.c. In the DllMain() function, the function CreateFileMapping() tries to create a shared memory but return a NULL pointer with the system error code 0x5 : ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED

It seems that a program can't access the shared memory if it have been created by a service running in a different session.

I don't know what is the best solution but MSDN explain that we have to configure the 2nd parameter (SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES) of the function CreateFileMapping(). To do this, I've used the function CreateMyDACL that can be found here :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms717798(VS.85).aspx

Any idea if I'm doing things correctly ?
On my system, everything seems to work now.

Regards.