[Linphone-developers] UDP backgrounding bug

From: Rene Dohmen
Subject: [Linphone-developers] UDP backgrounding bug
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 21:43:30 +0200

Hi Guys,

the lack of UDP backgrounding support from Apple still keeps me from using the linphone iOS app on a daily basis.

Is there any possibility that linphone will support an "keep alive" feature for UDP in the near future? Some other apps like acrobit and bria softphone have it and works quite well.

I searched stackoverflow.com and found people referring to workarounds like playing a silent sound or using a bug in the rescheduling of long running background jobs to make sure the app doesn't go completly into background.
I know this is very bad for battery life; but its now the only reason I use other VOIP apps.

Kind Regards,

Rene Dohmen