Re: [Linphone-developers] Phone to test Linphone Android

From: vivek nayer
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Phone to test Linphone Android
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:40:13 +0530

I m looking for testing phone for video call in Android. As of now, I found only Samsung Nexus S, which has front end camera and on Android 2.3..
 like battery/cost r secondary...What I was asking is, Is that the one I can go ahead and test Android Linphone. Or is their anything more to look out for...

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Alastair Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tuesday 19 July 2011, vivek nayer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I m planning to buy Android phone for testing video calls. Please suggest
> the best phone to buy. As far as I searched I found below phone as the best
> one.
>
> Please suggest.
>
> Regards,
> vivek
> Samsung Group
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Group>Google<http://en.wikipedia.org
> /wiki/Google>Nexus S <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_S>December 16,
> 20102.34.0 in (100 mm), 480×800
> WVGA<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_display_resolutions#WVGA_.28800x
> 480.29>, Portrait), 235 ppi,
> SuperAMOLED[55]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Android_devices#
> cite_note-54>Virtual keyboard,Assisted GPS
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GPS>Quad-band GSM
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSM>850/900/1800/1900 (voice), Tri-band HSPA
> 900/1700/2100 (7.2 Mbit/s HSDPA, 5.76 Mbit/s HSUPA) (3G)802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi,
> Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR,Near field communication
> (NFC)<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_field_communication>,
> Micro USB 2.01000 Samsung
> Hummingbird<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Hummingbird>512 MiB
> RAM 16 GB iNAND flash memory
>
>    - Rear: 5 Mpx (2,560×1,920) with flash
>    - Front: 640×480 VGA Vid-phone lens
>
> First phone to ship with Android 2.3 GingerbreadYes

The question is meaningless without knowing what criteria you use to judge
'best' by, or what you consider essential. Unlocked bootloader? NEON
instruction set support? Battery life? Price?