[Linphone-developers] android video on NVIDIA tegra

From: Jesse Pfeister
Subject: [Linphone-developers] android video on NVIDIA tegra
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:51:20 -0700

Greetings. I am working on getting linphone video working on the NVIDIA Tegra processor. Here is a summary of what I have found so far:

1. Tegra is armv7-a but does not support optional NEON SIMD instructions.

2. Linphone's code has lots of neon specific goodies written into it (which means compiling the current implementation of linphone for Tegra is impossible)

3. A guy used an old video codec (H263-1998) to get video working in the ddPhoneVideo/smsVideo apps

Are there any resources regarding adding codecs to linphone? I've been browsing docs and mailing lists to no avail.

What I suspect after reading the code: NEON is in the anatomy of linphone's video system and cannot easily be replaced by a simple codec switch.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

(And yes, I know the real solution is to target a non-Tegra platform :-P )