Re: [Linphone-developers] Using oRTP for RTP stream forwarding

From: Giacomo Russo
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Using oRTP for RTP stream forwarding
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 16:27:26 +0200

Il 23/05/2011 11:46, Giacomo Russo ha scritto:

> I've already considered to use directly UDP (in fact my application at
> the moment supports UDP forwarding), but a requirement I was given is
> that I have to monitor the QoS of the RTP sessions (source-forwarder and
> forwarder-destination), possibly using RTCP signaling.
>
> So I thought to switch to oRTP to get the stats I need without
> re-implementing the RTCP communication by hand.
Any other clues? I think my problem is somewhat related to the timestamp
I provide in the recvm_with_ts(), because I call this function every
time my application is not doing any other action, so without any sort
of timing.

Also I'm afraid it's not right for oRTP to set the sendm_with_ts()
timestamp equal to the one of the received packet that I need to relay.

--
Giacomo Russo