Re: [Linphone-developers] Using oRTP for RTP stream forwarding

From: Giacomo Russo
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Using oRTP for RTP stream forwarding
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:46:58 +0200

Il 23/05/2011 11:34, Vadim Lebedev ha scritto:
> Hi Giacomo,
Hi Vadim,

> I wonder why do you need oRTP for this at all....
> It will be much more efficient to simply read data form one UDP socket
> then balst it out on onother one.
> Or if you're under Linux use iptables to set tup forwarding rule so
> the kerenel will forward RTP packet without user mode intevention

I've already considered to use directly UDP (in fact my application at
the moment supports UDP forwarding), but a requirement I was given is
that I have to monitor the QoS of the RTP sessions (source-forwarder and
forwarder-destination), possibly using RTCP signaling.

So I thought to switch to oRTP to get the stats I need without
re-implementing the RTCP communication by hand.

> Thanks
Excuse me, I was very rude in my preceding email, I forgot to thank you
all. :)

--
Giacomo Russo