Re: [Linphone-developers] nb_NO translation, seems to be missing string

From: Gerhard Stengel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] nb_NO translation, seems to be missing strings, ???
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 21:27:44 +0200

Hi,

some more conclusions about this.

If I type while being in the po folder of linphone:

/usr/bin/intltool-update -x -s --gettext-package linphone

I get following output:
Wrote ../gtk/main.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/about.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/contact.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/log.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/password.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/call_logs.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/main.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/sip_account.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/chatroom.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/parameters.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/buddylookup.ui.h
Wrote ../gtk/waiting.ui.h

These files are all empty. there doesn't seem to be anything to extract.

I then tried to call intltool-extract directly specifying a special file type:

intltool-extract --type="gettext/glade" ../gtk/main.ui

and in fact this command deliverys something promising, but I don't know how to
pass it to xgettext to make
something reasonable from it.
This is how far I've come. I hope someone else can take over as I don't know
how to fix that properly.

best regards

Gerhard

Am Samstag, 2. April 2011, 19:57:28 schrieb Gerhard Stengel:
> Hi,
>
> I followed up this problem a bit more.
> Obviously, no strings from any .ui file is extracted!
> This explains why there are so many untranslatable strings in the user
> interface.
>
> regards
>
> Gerhard
> Am Samstag, 2. April 2011, 06:25:49 schrieb Gerhard Stengel:
> > Am Freitag, 1. April 2011, 18:51:42 schrieb Simon Morlat:
> > > All the strings are there, no problem !
> > Well, I don't think so! Each po file just contains 220 lines (after having
> > built linphone) which is by
far too little
> > contain all the necessary strings.
> > Take this little example:
> > The file gtk/main.ui contains the string "My current identity:" (in line
> > 660) which would be very nice to
translate,