Re: [Linphone-developers] Background incoming calls not working after up

From: Rene Dohmen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Background incoming calls not working after upgrading to xCode4 and ios4.3
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:37:01 +0100

Jehan,

Just tested it with the app store linphone on a 3GS, with iOS4.3 : background calls don't work.

iOS < 4.3 all works OK

When the app is running in foreground is works perfect.
Any idea?

Rene

p.s.
The iphone native phone app itself only does proximity check when you are in a call, I implemented the same behaviour in our version:
I disabled the proximity stuff in LinphoneAppDelegate.m

PhoneViewController.m

-(void) displayIncalViewforUser:(NSString*) username withDisplayName:(NSString*) displayName {

    UIDevice *device = [UIDevice currentDevice];

    device.proximityMonitoringEnabled = YES;

    if (device.proximityMonitoringEnabled == YES) {

        NSLog(@"Ok this device support proximity, and I just enabled it");

    }

    [hangup setEnabled:true];

if (displayName && [displayName length]>0) {

[peerLabel setText:displayName];

} else {

[peerLabel setText:username?username:@""];

}

[address setHidden:true];

[incallView setHidden:false];

}

-(void) displayDialerFromUI:(UIViewController*) viewCtrl forUser:(NSString*) username withDisplayName:(NSString*) displayName {

//cancel local notification, just in case

if ([[UIDevice currentDevice] respondsToSelector:@selector(isMultitaskingSupported)]

&& [UIApplication sharedApplication].applicationState ==  UIApplicationStateBackground ) {

// cancel local notif if needed

[[UIApplication sharedApplication] cancelAllLocalNotifications];

} else {

if (mIncomingCallActionSheet) {

[mIncomingCallActionSheet dismissWithClickedButtonIndex:1 animated:true];

mIncomingCallActionSheet=nil;

}

}

[address setHidden:false];

if (username) {

[address setText:username];

} //else keep previous

[mDisplayName setText:displayName];

[incallView setHidden:true];

[call setEnabled:true];

    [callDuration stop];

    UIDevice *device = [UIDevice currentDevice];

    device.proximityMonitoringEnabled = NO;

    NSLog(@"Ok this device support proximity, and I just disabled it");

[peerLabel setText:@""];

if ([[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults] boolForKey:@"firstlogindone_preference" ] == true) {

//first login case, dismmis first login view

[self dismissModalViewControllerAnimated:true];

};

[myTabBarController setSelectedIndex:DIALER_TAB_INDEX];

}