[Linphone-developers] linphonec 3.4.0 fails to initiate SIP calls

From: Pedro Sanchez
Subject: [Linphone-developers] linphonec 3.4.0 fails to initiate SIP calls
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 21:25:40 -0500

Hello,

I downloaded linphonec 3.4.0 and cross-compiled it for ARM. I had to assume OSIP_SUCCESS == 0 for the compilation to succeed according to this e-mail:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/linphone-developers/2011-02/msg00061.html

Linphone successfully receives calls, audio and everything else works, but I can't get it to initiate calls. This is what I get:

linphonec> call sip:address@hidden
Establishing call id to <sip:address@hidden>, assigned id 1
linphonec> Contacting <sip:address@hidden>
linphonec> Call 1 to <sip:address@hidden> in progress.
Remote ringing.
linphonec> Call 1 to <sip:address@hidden> ringing.
Warning: Remote end <sip:address@hidden> seems to have disconnected, the call is going to be closed.
linphonec> Call ended
linphonec> Call 1 with <sip:address@hidden> ended.
ortp-error-Could not remove the call from the list !!!
Call 1 with <sip:address@hidden> error.

A SIP trace shows the INVITE from linphone followed by the TRYING and RINGING from the remote end. This is followed almost immediately by a CANCEL from linphonec.

I must say that once in a blue moon it works but I can't tell what exactly is necessary for this to work. For sure it doesn't work on the very first call attempt. And as I keep trying to call I notice that the call id numbers are always increasing, is this expected?

Also, when I exit I get this:

linphonec> quit
Terminating...
*** glibc detected *** linphonec: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00038bc0 ***
Aborted

I was running linphonec 3.3.2 before on the same host, calling the same peer, and linphonec never failed. Any pointers on what to do would be appreciated.

Thank you,

--
Pedro