Re: [Linphone-developers] ./autogen.sh errors

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] ./autogen.sh errors
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:39:28 +0100

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 09:43:14PM +0100, Simon Morlat wrote:
> Hi Strk,
>
> Thanks for the patch.
> Cvs was changed into svn in 2006 (about) and then converted to git in
> summer 2009.
> During the cvs->svn transition history was lost.
> The release notes are put in NEWS. ChangeLog is unused, perhaps it
> should contains the list of commits since last release. Any idea ?

It might be a good idea to generate the ChangeLog to reduce maintainance
cost. I've seen a couple of git2cl scripts around, but didn't test any
of them.

The current ChangeLog would be worth saving as it goes back to 2001
and up to 2008 so, if svn history wasn't lost it would overlap with
the ChangeLog generated from git log.

A quick test shows git2cl output starting on 2008-09-04 and current
ChangeLog ending on 2008-09-02, so it looks good.

--strk;