Re: [Linphone-developers] lots of bugs resolution and multicalls improve

From: Maxim Podbereznyy
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] lots of bugs resolution and multicalls improvements
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:34:48 +0300

Hi guys!

I'm really concerned about this problem. As far as I understand:
1) two linphones are on call
2) one chooses to hold (pause), second hears music (for example)
3) now second wants to make another call, so he puts the first call on hold (pause) and makes another call
4) the first side takes off the hold and wants to continue the call but the second side chose to hold their call.

if you implement to unhold both of sides then what to do with a second side which is on call with a third side? Interrupt their call? No, this is wrong

So, what behavior is expected for both of them? I suggest the following: if both sides are on hold and one side unpauses a call then this side begins to listen to music. if the second side unpauses a call either then both sides continue to talk.

regards,
Max

2011/1/26 Aurelien Bouin <address@hidden>
Hi Simon

> De: Simon Morlat <address@hidden>
> Objet: Re: [Linphone-developers] lots of bugs resolution and multicalls improvements
> À: address@hidden
> Cc: "Aurelien Bouin" <address@hidden>
> Date: Mardi 25 janvier 2011, 21h35
> Hi Aurélien,
>
> Thanks for the patches, it took some time to review them.
Yeah I guess it's quite a lot of work while you are probably very busy ... sorry for that . . .

> I merged the one concerning mediastreamer2, however I feel
> more
> unconvinced by the one in liblinphone, especially with the
> multiple new
> LinphoneCallState that it introduces.
>
> It leads to big complexity, I hope there is a more simpler
> way to solve
> the problem you were attempting to solve. Could you
> describe a
> bit more the actual problems you were facing ?
Yes you are right it's really too complicate too handle multicalls with this kind of implementation...
The problem is easy to be reproduced between two Linphone... :
Call each other
The streaming should be running
Execute a pause in one side
Execute a pause on the other side
Here it should be OK each one is in Pause status
But when one ff them Resume the call the call will restart while the other is still in Pause...which is a problem... The new states help to handle those cases...but it's really complex to implement...
Give it a try whenever you have the time, if you have a better implementation I would appreciate it...

> Concerning the ability to start several calls on hold, I'm
> ok with that.
> However the terminology in liblinphone is "paused" to refer
> to putting a
> call on hold, so I would suggest the new parameter in
> LinphoneCallParams
> would use the same terminology.
> Also, I think there is no reason to modify the sal_call()
> prototype,
> since the nature of the call (paused or not) is only the
> SalMediaDescription describing the offer, that would
> contain send-only
> streams instead of sendrecv ones.
No problem I will change hold by pause when I will have the time though...

> Best regards,
>
> Simon

Thank you Simon for your precious time, do not hesitate to ask anything ...
Regards,

Aurélien BOUIN