[Linphone-developers] Newbie Questions

From: Kosek Dan
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Newbie Questions
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 15:51:59 -0500

Just a couple quick questions.

I just started working with the iPhone and LinPhone, but I really like it.

1) If I want to change the incoming call ring tone, I modified the setting in linphoneAppDelegate.m
"notif.soundName = @"newringtone.wav";"  ... the original file is a .caf audio file.  Can I use a std 8Khz mono wav file?
        This doesn't change the ringtone.  Anyone know why not?

2) When the client receives an incoming call and does nothing, after the incoming caller abandons the call, the dialog stays.  I was going to put a timer in the "newIncomingCall" function so every second I could look to see if the "newIncomingCall" Actionsheet is still true.  If not destroy the Actionsheet.  Would this be the right solution?

3) There are a bunch of errors around the speex and osip functions when doing the initial setup of the environment.  I believe these are related to OSX vs linux syntax differences.  Has anyone looked into them?

4) Is anyone working on adding any of the following functions?
- Call Transfer
- 3 party Conference Call
- Bluetooth headset support
- Add a caller's number to a new/existing contact
Thanks and Best regards,

Dan
Dan Kosek: VoicePlex - Travelerâ„¢ - Reachâ„¢
Contact Info: address@hidden - 240.345.9000