[Linphone-developers] Choppy sound on Android

From: Alexander
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Choppy sound on Android
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:36:41 +0300

Hello all!

I try to use liblinphone (sources are downloaded from git) in my Android project and encounter the following problem: incoming sound is choppy, sometimes it completely disappears (but if remote side speaks non-stop, everything is fine). We use GSM codec, comfort noise is disabled. When call is active, logcat shows the following messages:

11-29 12:25:41.783: WARN/AudioFlinger(31): RecordThread: buffer overflow
11-29 12:25:38.142: WARN/mediastreamer(637): Audio MSTicker: We are late of 60 miliseconds.

It this ok? I encounter this on both Android Emulator and my HTC Desire.

By the way, I noticed that liblinphone from git-repository differs from liblinphone included in apk-file. The one in apk is more recent (it's API slightly differs)?