[Linphone-developers] Mediastreamer as external project with --enable-ex

From: Simon Brenner
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Mediastreamer as external project with --enable-external-mediastreamer?
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 12:00:12 +0200

Hi,

the current linphone configure script offers the option
'--enable-external-ortp' so that it is
possible to build/install the ortp package independently from the 'linphone'
one and make 'linphone'
use the installed 'ortp' instead of the ortp subproject within the linphone git
repository.

I was wondering whether the same is possible with the 'mediastreamer2' project.
Looking, for example, at the coreapi/Makefile.am I see a hard-coded include
path for mediastreamer2
and linker path:

INCLUDES = \
        -I$(top_srcdir)\
        -I$(top_srcdir)/mediastreamer2/include

liblinphone_la_LIBADD= \
                $(EXOSIP_LIBS) \
                $(top_builddir)/mediastreamer2/src/libmediastreamer.la \
                $(ORTP_LIBS)

I actually tried myself to add a '--enable-external-mediastreamer' option to
the configure.in and
replaced these hard-coded paths with the two variables 'MEDIASTREAMER_CFLAGS'
and
'MEDIASTREAMER_LIBS' and it actually worked as expected.

Are there specific reasons not to include this in mainline?

Thanks,

-Simon.