[Linphone-developers] Seeing double images on the output

From: Raseel Bhagat
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Seeing double images on the output
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:18:31 +0530

Hi,

so I'm at it again ... this time experimenting with the colour spaces and video sizes.

In a mediastreamer-based application I have written, I am receiving a video stream over RTP, decoding it and displaying it.
The filters on the receiving side are as follows :
MsRTPrecv --> MsDecoder (this H264 decoder has changes which outputs stream in UYVY colour space)
MsDecoder --> MsVideoOut

Now, the issue is that the color space I want is UYVY as opposed to the popular I420.
My display at this point was a double image with a fluorescent green and pink hue.

For this I had to make a slight change in the medistreamer2/src/videoout.c file to change the hardcoded ms_sws_getContext() source format from PIX_FMT_YUV420P to PIX_FMT_UYVY422.

This fixed the issue of colors and although the image is still not crisp, atleast it is not washed with fluroscent green and pink.

But the double images are still seen. And the images are semi-transparent slightly over-lapping each other.

I tried reducing the video-size upto QCIF, i.e., 176 x 144 , but still no change.

Can someone help me with this ?

--
Raseel