Re: [Linphone-developers] G729 support in mediastremer2

From: kl
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] G729 support in mediastremer2
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 16:21:29 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 8/2/10, Petr Pisar <address@hidden> wrote:

> The linphone version in question contains proprietary
> header files to get
> symbols of the binary plugin. Thus the linphone version
> violates GPL. (As far
> as I can understand from this discussion. I haven't see the
> proposed linphone
> modifications providing compatibility to the codec.)

Maybe there is a misunderstanding of linphone plugin ?

Take linphone iLBC plugin for example. Linphone iLBC plugin works without
needing any modification to the original Linphone source. I don't see anything
proprietary here. Using the similar mechanism, there are many other plugins
could be written, including the G729 codec. As a matter of fact, Any compile
binaries ( DLLs or shared libraries ) exposing the same functions will be
usable by Linphone.