Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone and G.722 Wideband codec

From: Simon Brenner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone and G.722 Wideband codec
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:26:20 +0200

Hey everyone,

I've come a step further in developing the G.722 plugin. It's working for me
now at least for
incoming calls!

If you want to try it, download and build the repository:
http://bitbucket.org/herrpi/msg722

Here's a direct link to the latest version:
http://bitbucket.org/herrpi/msg722/get/v0.6.tar.gz

There's only one thing that I have to patch in Linphone. I do that in a script
file which is also to
find in the repo.

Maybe this is something that has to be changed by some Linphone developer that
has the rights to do
that...

In coreapi/sal_eXosip2_sdp.c, I have to change the line:

pt->clock_rate=atoi(p);

pt->clock_rate = (!strcasecmp(mime,"G722") ? 16000 : atoi(p));

in order for the plugin to work. I guess this has to do with this strange
historical error in the
definition of the RTP payload stuff of G.722...

So please try it out and tell me whether everything is alright.
I'm continuing to find a solution for outgoing calls.

Greetings,
-Simon.