[Linphone-developers] Linephone Presence XML bug

From: Andy Savage
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linephone Presence XML bug
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:33:18 +0800

Hi All,

I wasn't entirely sure where to post the bug so I thought I would submit it to the developers list.

There appears to be a few bugs in the presence XML (application/pidf+xml) that linphone sends out upon a status change in the latest version of the client.

Here's an example of some:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<presence xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf"
xmlns:es="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:status:rpid-status"
entity="<sip:address@hidden:5060>">
<tuple id="sg89ae">
<status>
<basic>open</basic>
<es:activities>
<es:activity>on-the-phone</es:activity>
</es:activities>
</status>
<contact priority="0.8">
<sip:address@hidden:5060>
</contact>
<note>on the phone</note>
</tuple>
</presence>

Firstly linphone should escape the string <sip:address@hidden:5060>. There are some illegal XML characters there that are causing me parsing problems and I have to do a search and replace on incoming xml in my sip client. Secondly should linphone be sending an internal address? I am registered correctly and have an external address using STUN but it seems to just send the internal adaptor address.

Any chance this could be fixed?

Kind regards,
Andy Savage