Re: [Linphone-developers] Inhibit RTP transmission when mute is on in ac

From: Robin Getz
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Inhibit RTP transmission when mute is on in active call
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:23:03 -0400

On Thu 20 May 2010 23:14, barry krofchick pondered:
> Hi Simon:
>
> Congrats again on the new release and the ports to iPhone and
> Android :)
>
> I am glad you liked the patch for rtp muting as an option with
> audio muting. It is an important feature for our application.
>
> I have applied the changes to the latest git tree.  These were
> tested against linphone-3 (gui), linphonec and linphonecsh
> and work nicely in all modes.

I'm just wondering if this is related to your patch -  when I make a
connection with a polycom "SoundPoint IP" phone, and hit it's mute button, I
get some warnings on the linphone side...

linphonec> "SoundPoint IP" <sip:address@hidden> is contacting you.
linphonec> answer
Connected.
linphonec>
ortp-error-Payload PCMU type already entered, should not happen !
ortp-error-Payload telephone-event type already entered, should not happen !
ortp-error-Payload PCMU type already entered, should not happen !
ortp-error-Payload PCMA type already entered, should not happen !
ortp-error-Payload telephone-event type already entered, should not happen !
ortp-error-Payload PCMU type already entered, should not happen !
ortp-error-Payload telephone-event type already entered, should not happen !
ortp-error-Payload PCMU type already entered, should not happen !
ortp-error-Payload PCMA type already entered, should not happen !
ortp-error-Payload telephone-event type already entered, should not happen !

What is the proper way to do RTP muting?

And - any desire for a warn_once_per_call() type logic? I seem to get the
message lots of times per call - (every time I hit the mute button).