Re: [Linphone-developers] Re: Re : linphone multi call branch

From: Aurelien Bouin
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Re: Re : linphone multi call branch
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 06:28:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

--- En date de : Jeu 27.5.10, Simon Morlat <address@hidden> a écrit :

> De: Simon Morlat <address@hidden>
> Objet: Re: [Linphone-developers] Re: Re : linphone multi call branch
> À: "Aurelien Bouin" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Jeudi 27 mai 2010, 11h38
> Hi Aurélien,
>
> I don't understand why you commented out the adding of the
> SDP in the
> ACK.
Because for example when a call is hold the ACK send a SDP that modify the
previous one sent in the (re)INVITE and fallowing the RFC3261->17.1.1.3
Construction of the ACK :
"Although any request MAY contain a body, a body in an ACK is special
   since the request cannot be rejected if the body is not understood.
   Therefore, placement of bodies in ACK for non-2xx is NOT RECOMMENDED,
   but if done, the body types are restricted to any that appeared in
   the INVITE, assuming that the response to the INVITE was not 415.  If
   it was, the body in the ACK MAY be any type listed in the Accept
   header field in the 415."
Maybe we should control when we have to send the SDP ???
> In case an offer is sent within a 200Ok, an answer must be
> sent in the
> ACK. Maybe you run into a trouble with that feature ?
> Concerning the timeout notification, I think adding a
> callback just for
> that is a bit heavy. Why not just using the gstate callback
> and getting
> the status from the call log ?
> There is already an enum entry for that:
> /**
>  * Enum representing the status of a call
>  * @ingroup call_logs
> **/
> typedef enum _LinphoneCallStatus {
>     LinphoneCallSuccess, /**< The call
> was sucessful*/
>     LinphoneCallAborted, /**< The call
> was aborted */
>     LinphoneCallMissed /**< The call was
> missed (unanswered)*/
> } LinphoneCallStatus;
>
> Just to avoid to grow too much the LinphoneCoreVTable...
Does it mean that we have to check the value of gstate into a while or
something ? Actually I implemented it the way that if it is not defined into
the vtable parameter sent to linphone_core_new, it won't change anything ? I
feel like controlling liblinphone by callbacks is a good way than checking
state or value ?
I am really open to any suggestion,
Thank you,

Aurélien