[Linphone-developers] Linphone available for Iphone OS

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone available for Iphone OS
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 17:19:00 +0200

Hi all,

We are pleased to annouce that Linphone is now available for all Iphones
and Ipod touch !

This Linphone version can be installed from the AppStore from any Iphone
3G, 3GS and Ipod touch (3rd generation).

It supports G711, speex narrowband and wideband and iLBC codecs.
Configured with your favourite SIP gateway it will allow you to run
calls to PSTN numbers from your mobile using 3G or wifi !

Thanks to the Iphone's AudioUnit sound API, we could achieve a very good
sound quality (low latency, make use of the iphone's integrated echo
canceler).

You can read more from the itunes website:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/linphone/id360065638?mt=8#

If you like this app, we would highy apreciate that you rate it on the
AppStore ! Thank you in advance

Next possible evolutions include:

      * Support for incoming calls at any time using the new APIs
        introduced in IphoneOS 4.0
      * Video

Linphone was already working on Android mobile phones. We will continue
our effort on making Linphone available on most mobile operating
systems.

Note: due to some restrictions in voip usage, this application is not
available from AppStore in Greece, Poland and Hungary.

Best regards,