[Linphone-developers] RTP sessions with different payload

From: Alexander Venin
Subject: [Linphone-developers] RTP sessions with different payload
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 10:13:50 +0400

Hello All !

Does anybody know how can I create some RTP sessions with different payload
type and same UDP port? In other words: all sessions use the same UDP port, but
has different payload type.

I make small experiment:
With mediastreamer and oRTP library I create two RTP sessions (with same UDP
port): one session with payload type equal to 0 (for speech transfer), other
session has payload type of 96 (for simple byte stream). But all data (speech
and simple byte stream) was received in one session. Finally I received all
data in one stream. Why ? Does oRTP library provide separation between RTP
sessions according to payload type ?

Thanks in advance.
Alexander.