Re: [Linphone-developers] mediaStreamer2 and oRTP queries

From: Vadim Lebedev
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] mediaStreamer2 and oRTP queries
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:49:39 +0200

Parveen Jain wrote:
Though its disappointing to know that mediaStreamer doesn't support inband digit detection :(
Can any one suggest any other rtp cum auido/video streamer which have the digit detection capabilities using both technologies  i.e rfc2833 and inband.

Take a look into asterisk

Thanks
Vadim
Regards,
 Parveen Jain

> Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] mediaStreamer2 and oRTP queries
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:08:46 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> See answers inline:
>

> > - Does it have the capability of reading a audio/video file and send
> > that data in rtp format(Though I read in one of its document that it
> > can read the audio file but not sure about the video file ).
> Indeed reading video files is not implemented.
>
> > - Does it support audio/video conferencing.
> Audio conferencing is supported thanks to the MSConf filter (see
> src/msconf.c ).
>
> > - Does it have the digit detection support using these two
> > technologies, inband(if I talk about codecs PCMU,PCMA and G729) and
> > rfc2833.
> RFC2833 is supported. Inband detection is not.
> I think you can have a look at src/audiostream.c, which is a sample code
> that runs an audio stream, including ability to play/record from/to a
> wav file.
>
> Simon
> >

> > Though I am trying to get the answer using the code itself , but it
> > will be great help if some one from Linphone developer itself can
> > explain it.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Parveen Jain

The battle for the FIH Hockey World Cup Drag n' drop